The P&G water purification technology is an amazing innovation that quickly turns 10 liters of dirty, potentially deadly water into clean and drinkable water. The packet enables people anywhere in the world to purify dirty water in a simple, affordable and convenient way. This water purification technology was developed in collaboration with the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and works in three ways: coagulation, flocculation, and disinfection.
The water purification packet contains a powdered mixture that has been proven to:
– Eliminate disease causing microorganisms
– Remove more than 99.99999% of common waterborne bacteria (including those that cause cholera), 99.99% of common waterborne viruses (including those that cause hepatitis A) and 99.9% of protozoa
– Reduce diarrheal disease incidence in the developing world by up to 90%
– Remove dirt and other pollutants
– Make clean drinking water for the entire family, including infants. The World Health Organization classifies the technology as providing comprehensive protection.
Read more about P&G Water Purification Packets here